HEALTH & WEALTH (Art Gabot Madlaing): Advantages and benefits of Mobile Signing Services
When we still have our office at the Philippine Center near the Philippine Consulate Office in San Francisco, California, Renato Marcos visited me at home on Sunday evening last July 8, 2018 and asked for help for the preparation and notarization of Parental Travel Permit (PTP) for his minor daughter who was to travel with her mother for vacation to the Philippines.
I assisted and helped Renato Marcos fill out the blank PTP and notarized it. After notarization, he requested me to follow up with the Philippine Consulate Office the authentication of the notarized PTP because he can’t take off from work.
The following day, I went to the Philippine Consulate Office in San Francisco, California for the PTP authentication. I registered at the lobby of the Philippine Consulate and passed through the security screening. After getting ticket at the automatic dispenser in the lobby, I went to the Front Desk (2nd floor) for review of the notarized PTP. After the PTP review, I took the elevator to pay the $25 (cash) authentication fee at the cashier (6th floor). While inside the elevator, a middle-aged Filipina saw me and started asking.
“Lawyer po ba kayo? Gusto ko sana magpagawa ng SPA (Special Power of Attorney).” (Are you a lawyer? I want an SPA be prepared for me.)
“Puntahan ninyo si Tessie Sapinoso sa 4th floor at magpatulong.” (Go and see Tessie Sapinoso in the 4th floor for help) I answered. A gentleman staff with the Philippine Consulate overheard our conversation and said: “Nasa bakasyon si Tessie at sarado rin yong Office ng Notary Pubic sa 7th floor.” ( Tessie is on vacation and the office of the Notary Public in the 7th floor is closed).
“Ipagawa ko pa ang SPA bukas at babalik ako dito sa Philippine Consulate sa Huwebes.” (I’ll have the SPA be prepared tomorrow and I’ll come back to the Philippine Consulate on Thursday), the Filipina said. This was the situation before May 14, 2019 when the Philippine Consulate Office still authenticate notarized documents by accredited Notary Public. After May 14, 2019, all notarized documents by accredited and commissioned Notary Public which are needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention must now be apostilled by the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section in Sacramento or Los Angeles.
Then, in December of last year, while submitting notarized documents for apostille at the Front Desk of the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section in Sacramento, I observed that a Filipino couple ahead of me were also submitting documents for apostille with another staff at the Front Desk. Unfortunately, the notarized documents submitted by the Filipino couple from San Jose, California were not processed for apostille.
“There are missing signatures and enclosures overlooked by your Notary Public. You have to go back to your Notary Public and then come back so that we can complete the apostille processing of your documents,” the staff from the Front Desk advised the Filipino couple. The Notary Public selected by the Filipino couple could possibly be new, inexperienced and incompetent.
As founder of Mobile Signing Services (MSS) and accredited and commissioned Notary Public in California since 1981, I pity the middle-aged Filipina and the Filipino couple from San Jose, California for the bad experience and inconvenience they encountered. They paid additional expenses and have to take off from work for another day. Here are some advantages and benefits with MSS:
1. AVOID TAKE OFF FROM WORK — You don’t need to take off from work and drive to Sacramento, California just to submit notarized documents for apostille to the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section. MSS will take care everything for you.
2. DISCOUNTS FOR THE ELDERLY AND VETERANS —– We offer special discounts for the elderly and veterans.
3. VERY FLEXIBLE APPOINTMENTS — We offer very flexible appointments for old and new clients during regular office hours, after office hours and during weekends except on Sundays.
4. FREE PARKING — When we had our office at the Philippine Center near the Philippine Consulate Office, our old clients were complaining for the expensive parking fees. With our home office in San Francisco, old and new clients can have FREE parking in our driveway and the available street parking nearby.
5. FLEXIBLE LOCATION OF APPOINTMENTS — For those who can’t come to our home office in San Francisco, we can do signing and notarization of documents in the privacy of homes, offices, hospitals, schools, restaurants, BART lobby, Post Office Station lobby and other locations.
6. SAVINGS ON GAS AND MILEAGE FEES — We encourage old and new clients to come to our home office in San Francisco for savings on gas and mileage fees ($60 to $130).
7. DISCOUNTS ON MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS AND MULTIPLE SIGNATURES — We offer 5% to 10% discounts for old and new clients on multiple documents and multiple signatures.
8. DISCOUNTS ON DOCUMENTS DRAFTING AND PREPARATION — With the help of our paralegal and lawyer-friends, we offer special discounts for old and new clients in the drafting, preparation and copying of documents.
9. CONVENIENCE AND PEACE OF MIND –— With the efficient, competent, prompt and unique services at MSS, old and new clients can have total convenience and peace of mind. If the middle-aged lady and the Filipino couple called MSS first, they could have avoided the bad experience, pressures, anxieties and unexpected problem they encountered. Most of the time, it is more convenient and economical for you to avail yourself with the professional and complete services at MSS.
For immediate assistance and help in the signing, notarization and apostille follow-up of Affidavits, Special Power of Attorney (SPA), Parental Travel Permit (PTP), DEED OF ABSOLUTE SALE, Proof of Life, DEED OF DONATION, Deed of Extrajudicial Settlement of Estate and other documents needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention, just write or call: MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, 730 Madrid Street, San Francisco, CA 94112 Tel. (650) 438-3531 or (415) 584-7095 or email:email@example.com
(ART GABOT MADLAING is accredited and commissioned Notary Public and licensed Real Estate Broker (DRE #00635976) in California since 1981. He is founder of MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, FITNESS FOR HUMANITY (aka FITNESS FOR HUMANITY) and ACAPINOY. Art is an active Evangelist with the GOLDEN GATE CHURCH OF CHRIST in San Francisco, California USA.)