Health & Wealth (Art Gabot Madlaing): The Need of Parental Travel Permit
Our niece and her husband are traveling to the Philippines in January, 2024 together with their first granddaughter whose mother is Russian and now a U.S. immigrant.
They asked me what’s needed to have Parental Travel Permit so that they will not encounter problems traveling with their granddaughter from San Francisco to Manila and then to the province in Pangasinan, Philippines.
Our niece and her husband fully realized the need to have a Parental Travel Permit (PTP) to be signed both by the granddaughter’s father (who is Filipino American) and the granddaughter’s mother (who is Russian immigrant).
When we still have our office at the Philippine Center near the Philippine Consulate Office in downtown San Francisco, we had many old clients who asked and requested for the preparation and notarization of needed Parental Travel Permit(PTP). This is needed and required by authorities here in the United States and in the Philippines due to prevalent child kidnapping and child abuse.
The common form we notarized was the AFFIDAVIT OF CONSENT TO TRAVEL, GUARANTY AND REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF THE WAIVER OF EXCLUSION GROUND (WEG). The be able to notarize the completed form, we required copy of the Birth Certificate of the child, copy of Marriage and IDs of the parents issuing the PTP.
With the travel season starting in January, 2024, there is a need for completed and notarized Parental Travel Permit for those traveling with minors (without their parents) within the United States. For those traveling with a minor child to the Philippines (and other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention), the completed and notarized PTP must also be apostilled by the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section in Sacramento (or Los Angeles), California. Those who need a completed, notarized and apostilled PTP are the following:
1. Grandparents (like the couple mentioned above) who are traveling to the Philippines ( and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention) with a minor granddaughter without the presence of the parents;
2. Aunties or uncles traveling to the Philippines (and the other member nations of the
Hague Apostille Convention) with a minor without the presence of the parents;
3. Husband or wife traveling to the Philippines (and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention) with a minor child without the presence of the other spouse.
We at the Mobile Signing Services (MSS) are committed and dedicated to assist and help old and new clients( especially the elderly, veterans and those physically handicapped) in the drafting, signing, notarization and apostille follow-up on Parental Travel Permit (PTP), Affidavits, Power of Attorney (SPA), Proof of Life, DEED OF ABSOLUTE SALE, Deed of Extrajudicial Settlement of Estate, DEED OF DONATION, Revocation of SPA and other documents needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention. Here are some advantages and benefits of MSS:
1.AVOID TAKE OFF FROM WORK – You don’t need to take off from work and drive to Sacramento just to submit notarized documents for apostille at the Secretary of Estate, Notary Public Section. MSS will take care everything for you;
2. DISCOUNTS FOR THE ELDERLY AND VETERANS – We offer special discount for the elderly and veterans;
3. VERY FLEXIBLE APPOINTMENTS – We have very flexible appointments for old and new clients during regular office hours, after office hours and weekends except on Sundays;
4. FREE PARKING – When we had our Office at the Philippine Center near the Philippine Consulate Office, many old clients were complaining for the expensive parking fees. With our home office in San Francisco, California, old and new clients can now have FREE parking in our driveway and the available street parking spaces nearby;
5. FLEXIBLE LOCATION OF APPOINMENTS – For those who can’t drive and come to our home office in San Francisco, California, we can do signing and notarization of documents in the privacy of homes, offices, hospitals, schools, restaurants, BART lobby, Post Office Station lobby and other locations’
6. SAVINGS ON GAS AND MILEAGE FEES – We encourage old and new clients to come too our home office in San Francisco, California for savings on gas and mileage fees ($60-$130);
7.MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS ANF MULTIPLE SIGNATURES DISCOUNTS – We offer 5% to 10% discounts on multiple documents and multiple signatures for old and new clients;
8.DOCUMENTS PREPARATION DISCOUNTS –With the help of our paralegal and lawyer-friends, we offer special discounts in the drafting, preparation and copying of documents for old and new clients;
9.CONVENIENCE AND PEACE OF MIND – With the efficient, complete, prompt and unique services at MSS, there is total convenience and peace of mind for old and new clients.
For immediate help and assistance in the signing, notarization and apostille follow up of documents needed in the Philippines (and the other member nations of the Hague National Convention) just write or call: MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, 730 Madrid Street, San Francisco, CA 94112 Tel.(650)438-3531 or (415)584-7095 or email:email@example.com
(ART GABOT MADLAING is accredited and commissioned Notary Public and licensed Real Estate Broker (DRE #00635976) in California since 1981. Art is founder of MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, FITNESS FOR HUMANITY (aka FITNESS FOR CHRIST) and ACAPINOY. Art is active Evangelist with the GOLDEN GATE CHURCH OF CHRIST in San Francisco, California USA.)