HEALTH & WEALTH: Old clients sell properties in Philippines without going home
As an accredited and commissioned Notary Public and a licensed Real Estate Broker in California (DRE #00635976) since 1981, I’m delighted to know that two of our old clients were able to sell their properties back home without traveling to the Philippines.
Last week, Lawrence and his wife, clients from Vallejo/North Bay had an appointment with me in our home office in San Francisco for the signing and notarization of Special Power of Attorney (SPA) needed in the sale of several parcels of land and house and lot located in Dumangas, Iloilo and Iloilo City.
During preliminaries, Lawrence informed me that their property in Pangasinan was already sold through the Special Power of Attorney I notarized and had apostille follow-up at the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section, in Sacramento the other month.
“Nabenta na pala yung property ko sa Pangasinan. Salamat sa inyong tulong sa pagnotarize at pag-apostille ng Special Power of Attorney. (My property in Pangasinan was already sold. Thank you for your help in the notarization and apostille follow-up of the Special Power of Attorney).
Mabilis pala ang pagbenta. Hindi na kailangan ang escrow kagaya dito sa California.. (It was quick to sell. There was no need for escrow unlike here in California.)
“Malaking conveniente at savings dahil hindi na kami umuwi sa Pilipinas,” (It was very convenient and we got savings because we didn’t’ go to the Philippines anymore).
Last week, Patricia and her 89-year-old husband, another old clients from South San Francisco/Peninsula, called Mobile Signing Services (MSS) for the signing and notarization of Special Power of Attorney (SPA) needed in the sale of their property in Las Pinas City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
I met Patricia and her husband last Saturday, November 11, 2023 for the signing and notarization of the SPA prepared by their lawyer. After some preliminaries, Patricia informed me the good news.
“Nabenta na yung property namin Art. Itong SPA na lang ang kailangan para matapos ang bentahan (We just sold our property Art. We only need this SPA to complete the sale.).
“Salamat sa inyong tulong dahil hindi na kami makalabas. “(Thank you for your help because we can’t go out anymore).
I had Patricia and her elderly husband signed the SPA prepared by their lawyer. Then I had them sign my Journal of Notarial Acts and put their right thumb marks.
After notarization, my beloved wife Virginia Jimenez Madlaing and I submitted the notarized SPA for apostille at the Secretary of State Notary Public Section, in Sacramento, California last Tuesday, November 14, 2023. We waited at the Front Desk for the release of the apostilled SPA in the afternoon.
We subsequently delivered the apostilled SPA to Patricia at their residence in South San Francisco, California. Patricia and her elderly husband were very happy for the prompt, efficient and complete services at MSS.
We, at MSS, are committed and dedicated to assist and help old and new clients, especially the elderly, veterans and those physically handicapped, in the signing and notarization of Affidavits, Special Power of Attorney (SPA) DEED OF ABSOLUTE SALE, Proof of Life, Deed of Extrajudicial Settlement of Estate, DEED OF DONATION, Parental Travel Permit (PTP) and other documents needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention. Here are some advantages and benefits of MSS:
1. AVOID TAKE OFF FROM WORK – You don’t need to take off from work and drive to Sacramento, California just to submit notarized documents for apostille at the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section. MSS will take care everything for you just like what we did for Patricia and her elderly husband.
2. DISCOUNTS FOR THE ELDERLY AND VETERANS – We offer special discounts for the elderly and veterans.
3. VERY FLEXIBLE APPOINTMENTS – We have very flexible appointments for old and new clients during regular office hours, after office hours and weekends except on Sundays.
4. FREE PARKING – When we had our Office at the Philippine Center near the Philippine Consulate Office, our old clients were complaining for the expensive parking fees. With our home office in San Francisco, California, old and new clients can now have FREE parking in our driveway and the available street parking spaces nearby.
5. FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS – For those who can’t come to our home office in San Francisco, we can do signing and notarization in the privacy of homes (like what we did to Patricia and her elderly husband), offices, hospitals, schools, BART lobby, restaurants, Post Office Station lobby and other locations.
6. SAVINGS ON GAS AND MILEAGE FEES – For those who can drive, we encourage old and new clients to come to our home office in San Francisco, California for savings on gas and mileage fees. Lawrence and his wife drove to San Francisco and came to our home office for savings of $90 on gas and mileage fees.
7. DISCOUNTS ON MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS AND MULTIPLE SIGNATURES – We offer 5% to 10% discounts for old and new clients on multiple documents and multiple signatures.
8. DOCUMENTS PREPARATION DISCOUNTS – With the help of our paralegal and lawyer-friends, we offer special discounts in the drafting, preparation and copying of documents for old and new clients.
9. CONVENIENCE AND PEACE OF MIND – Like the positive experience of Lawrence and his wife and Patricia and her elderly husband, there is convenience and peace of mind with the efficient, prompt, professional, complete and unique services at MSS.
For immediate help and assistance in the signing, notarization and apostille follow-up of all documents needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention, just write or call: MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, 730 Madrid Street, San Francisco, CA 94112. Tel. (650) 438-3531 or (415) 584-7095 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
(ART GABOT MADLAING is an accredited and a commissioned Notary Public and licensed Real Estate Broker (DRE# 00635976) in California since 1981. He is founder of MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, FITNESS FOR HUMANITY (aka FITNESS FOR CHRIST) and ACAPINOY. Art is active Evangelist with the GOLDEN GATE CHURCH OF CHRIST in San Francisco, California USA.)